Different Types And Methods Of Breast Augmentation
- Saline-Filled Breast Implants
Saline-Filled Breast Implant is a kind of implant filled with saline. That sort of implant gained popularity in the past because it was considered the safest especially in the case of leaking into the body. However, this kind of implant is no longer found in Thailand as it has lost popularity as its rarely being manufactured. Patients interested in this kind of implants have to book an appointment with the surgeon 1-2 months in advance as he may need to have it imported.
– Considered to be safe as saline is not harmful to the human body
– By adding more saline into the implants makes it possible to increase the size of the silicon.
– Chances of leakage are a very high thus decreasing size of the breast thus one may need another operation.
– Implants have an unnatural feel
– Women with thin breast tissue may experience some implant rippling on the augmented breast. The ripple may cause some sound from the undulation.
- Silicone Gel-Filled Implants
Unlike the saline filled silicone implants, the silicone gel-filled implants are stronger and have a more natural feel. They also have a smoother texturized surface than their saline-filled counterparts.
There are three types of silicone gel-filled implants:
A) Silicone Gel
These implants are very soft, round and have smooth, natural touch. They are movable inside the leakage part, and their probability of leakage is very high as this type of gel is highly liquid.
B) Cohesive Gel
These type of implants are also round shaped but not as soft as the cohesive gel implants. They too have a natural touch. The probability of leakage in these types of implants are lower as the liquid is quite thick.
C) High Cohesive Gel
Also known as Anatomical Silicone Implant, its known to have the least soft pad, this kind of implant still has a soft natural feel and leakage is less probable as its gel is thick in nature.