1. Assessment of the medical history (any allergies, serious medical condition and all medications taken both prescribed and non-prescribed), physical examination, and laboratory tests will be performed during consultation.
2. Blood and urine samples will be collected for routine preoperative laboratory tests.
3. Smoking must be avoided for about 3-4 weeks prior to surgery, as nicotine interferes with circulation and will greatly affect healing process.
4. You will likely to be asked to stop drinking alcohol, a week before the surgery and throughout your recovery period.
5. Avoid taking any medications such as hormones, anticoagulants, anabolic steroids and supplements at least 4-6 weeks to prevent complicating medical factors prior to surgery.
Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.