Ear Correction Surgery in Thailand
Interplast Clinic offers high-quality, yet affordable cosmetic ear surgery in Bangkok.
Ear Correction Surgery IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
In most people prominent or protruding ears are caused by an underdeveloped antihelical fold or an overdeveloped conchal bowl. They often run in families but tend to occur somewhat randomly.
Although prominent ears don’t cause any hearing problems, they can cause embarrassment and have a significant impact on your confidence and self-esteem.
Ear correction surgery, also known as otoplasty, is a surgical procedure to correct the shape or position of the ears or pin back ears that stick out.
It is also commonly referred to as ear pinning and can be performed on both adults and children.
Ear Correction Surgery
In adults, ear pinning surgery is usually performed under local anaesthesia on an outpatient basis.
An incision is made just behind the ear, along the fold where the ear joins the head, allowing the surgeon to access the ear cartilage. The surgeon will shape the ear cartilage with a splint, and if necessary, remove any excess cartilage.
Ear pinning surgery is a straightforward and safe procedure with minimal visual scarring. The whole operation takes approximately 1 hour to perform, and you should be able to go home on the same day.
Before & After
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- Prepare a supportive headband to wear after surgery.
- Plan to take 1-2 days off from work
- Slight swelling or itching is normal and will resolve on its own after a while.
- The surgeon will cover the wound with a bandage along with a compression dressing. This will stay in place for one week.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions on how to clean the wound using a cotton swab and an antibiotic ointment.
- You may wash your face and hair after the bandage is removed.
- You should wear a supportive elastic headband for the first 2-3 weeks.
- You may not be able to wear glasses or earrings for the first few weeks after surgery.