Facial Fat Transfer in Thailand
Age-related volume loss is one of the main causes of facial aging. Fat transfer to the face is a natural way to restore lost volume by using your own body fat.
FACIAL FAT TRANSFER IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
Typical signs of facial aging include wrinkles and fine lines. As we mature, the skin also begins to lose its elasticity and lose volume, especially in the areas under the eyes, the cheeks, the jowls and the lips.
Facial fat transfer has quickly become one of the most popular procedures for restoring the volume to the face that has been lost due to the aging process.
Facial fat transfer (also known as fat grafting, fat injecting or lipofilling) is a surgical procedure that involves removing unwanted fat from other areas of the body and injecting it into the face in order to smooth out wrinkles or to fill out areas where volume has been lost.
The fat used in the transfer can be extracted from almost any part of the body using modern liposuction techniques and prepared for injection into the face. Common treatment areas include hollow skin under the eyes, the nasolabial folds, cheeks as well as “marionette” lines between the lips and chin.
Fat transfer is a very natural and safe facial rejuvenation procedure. Because you are using fat from your own body there is no risk of rejection, and it provides a more permanent solution than using synthetic dermal fillers.
The facial lipofilling technique involves extracting fat cells (adipocytes) from the patient and injecting them into the face. The fat used in the transfer is commonly extracted from the abdomen, but other areas, such as the thighs or sides of the torso, can also be used.
The procedure is generally performed under local or general anesthesia. Fat is collected using a liposuction cannula through a small incision. The fat is then processed through decanting and centrifugation to remove impurities and separate excess fluid and dead cells from the viable adipose fat cells. Varying quantities of fat can be removed depending on the needs of each individual patient.
The purified fat is re-injected in small droplets into different areas of the face, including the eyebrows, temples, cheeks, lips and nasolabial folds. The procedure typically takes 1-2 hours depending on the size of the area being treated, and you should be able to go home soon after the treatment is finished.
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- On the day of the operation, gently clean your face with warm water and avoid any makeup.
- Plan at least 5 to 7 days away from work.
- Facial fat transfer usually requires 7-10 days off work and other social activities.
- The healing process commences a few weeks after the surgery and the edema (swelling) will start to subside.
- As the swelling decreases, you’ll start seeing the first results of your lipofilling.
- The surgery is gentle and leaves no scars.
- Exercise is limited for a few weeks until your tissues fully recover.
- You should expect facial swelling to delay before seeing the final results.
- It usually takes up to 6 months for the final results to become apparent.