Frenuloplasty in Thailand
Frenuloplasty involves the lengthening of the penile frenulum. Find out more about penis frenuloplasty in Bangkok.
Frenuloplasty IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
The frenulum is a short fold of skin on the underside of the glans (head of penis), between the foreskin and the shaft. In some men, the frenulum is too short, which can cause difficulty pulling back the foreskin during erection as well as pain and tension. This condition is also known as frenulum breve, or short frenulum.
Frenulum breve can be treated with surgery. In frenuloplasty, the frenulum is stretched to lengthen it with the aim of allowing normal retraction of the skin after the procedure.
Symptoms of frenulum breve include:
Frenuloplasty can be performed under local or general anaesthesia. Your surgeon will discuss your preferences during your consultation.
The surgery begins with an incision on top of the frenulum. The incision can be either z-shaped, y-shaped or a single long cut. The resulting surgical wound will then be stitched in the opposite direction in order to stretch the frenulum and make it longer.
Frenuloplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure, meaning you should be able to go home soon after your surgery is over. It is quite normal to feel some discomfort after the procedure, and you might feel dizzy and tired if you have had a general anaesthetic. Make sure you have someone to drive you home and allow yourself to rest for the remainder of the day.
You may experience some swelling and bruising at the incision site at first.
There may also be a bit of yellow coloured discharge.
The stitches will dissolve or fall out on their own within 2-3 weeks after the operation, although some parts of the stiches may take up to 6 weeks to dissolve.
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- Plan to take 1-2 days off work and your normal activities.
- Arrange to have someone drive you home after surgery.
- A dressing may be applied to the wound to promote healing. This may fall off on its own or be removed after 24 hours.
- You should be able to return to work and your usual activities with a few days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for 2 weeks.
- Abstain from sexual activity for 6 weeks in order to avoid infection and lower the risk of bleeding.
- Sutures will usually be removed after a week or two or they may dissolve on their own.
- You will probably have some scarring around your nipples and running down your breasts. These scars will naturally fade within a year.