Lip Augmentation Surgery in Thailand
Lip augmentation has become one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments. There are a few different ways to perform lip augmentation – the experienced surgeons at our Bangkok clinic can help choose the most suitable option for you.
Lip Augmentation Surgery IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
The shape and fullness of our lips do not always correspond to our wishes or self-image. Changes brought on by aging (such as thinning of the lips or deep lines on the lips and cheeks) can also be reasons for wanting to restore or alter the shape of the lips.
Lip augmentation (also known as lip injections or lip fillers) is a cosmetic procedure that aims to enhance and improve the appearance of the lips by using injectable fillers.
Lip injections have become increasingly popular due to their well-known anti-aging benefits. Fillers can help prevent a downturn of the mouth due to the loss of skin texture, which often occurs as a result of natural aging and can be made worse by the long-term effects of smoking, for example.
Lip Augmentation SURGERY
This method involves injecting the patient’s own body fat into the lips to increase their volume. Tissue can be harvested from areas where there are unwanted fat deposits, typically the thighs, stomach or abdomen. Lip augmentation via fat injection is an outpatient procedure, and since the procedure uses your own body tissue, there is a very low risk of any adverse reactions. The liposuction to extract the fat is normally done under local anesthesia. Although about 60% of the fat will be reabsorbed by the body, usually what remains after six weeks will be permanent. If you’re happy with the results, there shouldn’t be a need to have another fat graft. However, you may choose to repeat the process after 6 months if you wish.
Before & After
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- Shower and brush your teeth before surgery.
- If undergoing local anesthesia, you can eat normally. If the procedure is performed under general anesthesia, you will need to abstain from food and drink from midnight before your surgery.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating. Do not eat any raw fish or meat.
- Drink using a straw at first, and avoid food and drink that is very hot or very cold.
- Rinse your mouth frequently with saline or mouth wash.
- You can start wearing lipstick 1 week after surgery.
- Avoid any exercise that may involve a collision, such as football or basketball.
- Avoid wide smiling for about 2-3 weeks.
- Rest with your head higher than your heart to reduce swelling.
- See your surgeon for a follow-up after 3-4 weeks.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol.