Liposuction in Thailand
Interplast Clinic provides liposuction in Bangkok by expert plastic surgeons.
Liposuction IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of stubborn body fat with the aim of improving the overall appearance of the body.
One of the main advantages of liposuction is that typically results are indeed permanent. Fat removed during liposuction should not return as long as you maintain a stable weight after the procedure. Current surgical guidelines suggest that about 0.5 to 6 liters of fat can be removed safely per treatment.
For women, liposuction is typically used to address the hips, thighs, love handles, buttocks and knees. For men, it is mostly used to treat the chest, stomach and the neck.
Small liposuction procedures can be safely performed under local anesthesia, although larger operations (including more than one area) usually require general anesthesia.
Common Misconceptions About Liposuction
Many people misunderstand the purpose of liposuction. As much as the procedure involves the removal of fat from various parts of the body, liposuction alone is not a remedy for patients who are overweight. It is more about reducing stubborn, unwanted fat that has been stored in specific parts of the body.
Are You a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
You may be a good candidate for liposuction if:
You will also need to be physically and mentally healthy and have realistic expectations. Liposuction can be performed at any age, although younger people tend to have more elastic skin and therefore might experience quicker recovery with better results.
The Different Liposuction Techniques
There are a few different ways a liposuction can be performed. What they all have in common is that they use of a thin tube, called a cannula, connected to a surgical vacuum to literally suction the fat from your body.
Your plastic surgeon will walk you through the different options and help you find the most suitable method during your consultation.
Interplast Clinic offers two different types of liposuction treatments, Tumescent liposuction and VASER assisted liposuction
The most popular type of liposuction, tumescent liposuction is safer and more effective and requires less recovery time than standard liposuction.
It is performed by injecting a solution containing lidocaine and epinephrine into the treatment areas. After injecting the solution, the surgeon will place a small incision to insert the cannula, which is connected to the liposuction machine.
Tumescent liposuction allows for liposuction to be performed completely under local anesthesia as well as effectively preventing surgical blood loss.
Tumescent liposuction benefits:
Also known as ultrasonic liposuction, VASER liposuction has become increasingly popular in Bangkok over the last few years. This is a more precise technique that utilizes ultrasonic waves to target fat cells, essentially liquifying them, which makes fat removal much easier. One of the main advantages of ultrasound-assisted liposuction in that it helps reduce pain and swelling after the surgery. It also allows the surgeon to target areas with dense fat deposits and is primarily used for fat removal in areas that would be difficult to treat with suction-based liposuction, including the chin, neck, cheeks, knees, and ankles.
VASER liposuction benefits:
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- Eat a healthy, well balanced diet for at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Arrange to have someone to drive you home after surgery.
- Do not wear unnecessary jewelry or perfume on the day of the surgery and do not use a moisturizer.
- You may eat a light breakfast in the morning no closer than two hours before surgery.
- Expect to experience some bruising, swelling and soreness at first. This is normal and should subside within 2 weeks.
- You should start walking around the day after surgery and increase your daily activity gradually.
- If only a small area was treated, you may expect to return to work after 2-3 days; for larger areas, you may need to take up to 14 days off work.
- Eat a diet consisting of fruits, vegetables and foods that contain plenty of fiber in order to avoid constipation.
- You will normally need to wear a support garment for 2-4 weeks.
- Light exercise may be resumed after 2-3 weeks.