Mastectomy in Thailand
Also known as top surgery, mastectomy involves the surgical removal of both breasts in order to create a more masculine chest.
Mastectomy IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
Bilateral Subcutaneous Mastectomy (also known as “top” surgery) is a
surgical procedure for female to male transsexuals, where most of the breast
tissue and excess skin are removed. The nipple and the surrounding areola are resized and repositioned, resulting in a flat chest with a more typically male contour.
For patients with medium to large breasts, a double incision approach is normally needed, involving a horizontal or U-shaped incision on the lower border of the pectoral muscle. This will result in two horizontal scars on the lower edge of the pectoralis muscle but allows for easier resizing and replacement of the nipple in the typically male position.
For patients with small breasts and good skin elasticity, a peri-areolar or “keyhole” procedure may be performed. These involve incisions across the lower border or around the areola and will result in less scarring compared to a double incision mastectomy.
Get a Free Quote
The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia on an inpatient basis, meaning you will spend the night after the surgery at our clinic to ensure safe recovery without pain or discomfort.
The surgery begins with anaesthesia, meaning you will be asleep during the operation. The breasts are anesthetized with a local anaesthetic to reduce bleeding during surgery. In addition, this reduces the need for anaesthetics during surgery as well as reducing post-operative pain immediately after surgery.
The adrenaline in the anaesthetic narrows the blood vessels, which improves visibility at the surgical site, allowing for anatomically correct surgery. All the breast tissue and excess skin is removed, and the areola and the nipple are resized and repositioned to achieve an aesthetically pleasing male chest contour.
Post-operative scarring can be minimized through less invasive keyhole and peri-areoral incision patterns.
Before & After
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before your surgery.
- Plan to take 2-4 weeks off work and your normal activities.
- Bring comfortable clothing to wear after surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after surgery.
- One or two small plastic drains are usually left in place to prevent fluid from collecting in the space where the breast tissue used to be; Your surgeon will decide when these drains are removed, typically when the amount of fluid draining decreases to an acceptable volume. This may take a few days to a week or more.
- It is normal to feel some pain after the operation, but this can be controlled with medication.
- You might need to stay in hospital for a few days, depending on the surgical method used.
- The full results of the surgery can be seen after about one week.
From 90,000 ฿
From 90,000 ฿
Ask the Experts
Submit this form to get a free consultation from our experts.