MTF Sigmoid Colon Vaginoplasty in Thailand
Sigmoid colon vaginoplasty is a specialized SRS technique to transform the male genitals into a female vagina of sufficient functional depth.
Through years of work in the field of gender reassignment surgery, our physicians have developed techniques for sigmoid colon vaginoplasty that advance the state of the art. With this new procedure we can ensure an excellent functional depth and aesthetic look of the resulting vulva.
Sigmoid colon vaginoplasty is a specialized SRS technique that transforms a penis and scrotum into a functional and aesthetically pleasing neovagina. It is now our standard procedure for transgender women with a short penis length or women who have undergone circumcision. By adding the patient’s colon graft inside the vaginal wall, the preputial flap and scrotal skin can be effectively utilized to form an aesthetically pleasing and functional labia minora, labia majora and vaginal opening while the sufficient depth is still achieved by a colon graft. Our surgeon selects the perfect section of colon to give a resulting vagina with normal discharge. Due to the preparation and surgery our procedure yields a vagina with a light and natural smell that is comparable with any cis female.
MTF Sigmoid Colon Vaginoplasty
IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
Interplast Clinic’s pioneering SRS techniques provide the most anatomically correct, functional, and aesthetically pleasing neovagina available worldwide.
Sigmoid Colon Vaginoplasty Advantages:
Preventing unnatural appearance of red colon mucosa that arises in other colon vaginoplasty SRS
Many surgeon’s colon vaginoplasty SRS results show the red color of the colon mucosa at the lower part of vaginal opening. However, this is not found in the vagina of a natal female. Our sigmoid colon vaginoplasty gives a naturally functioning and feeling vagina and solves this problem by applying a new design of the posterior flap used on the sides of the vaginal opening to conceal the junction between colon and skin flap and hide the red color. This makes a perfect, natural look for the newly constructed vulva.
Widening neovaginal opening to accommodate smoother intercourse and dilation
One of the striking advantages of our groundbreaking sigmoid colon vaginoplasty procedure is that its new design can create extended labia minora and wider opening of neovagina which results in more comfortable sexual intercourse and dilation. Therefore, patients undergoing this technique can have pleasurable intercourse and fewer difficulties with dilation. The average depth of a vagina constructed by colon vaginoplasty is 7 inches.
Sigmoid Colon Vaginoplasty Disadvantages:
To be able to undergo sigmoid colon vaginoplasty, patients must fit the following criteria:
MTF Sigmoid Colon Vaginoplasty Surgery
Sigmoid colon vaginoplasty uses a section of the sigmoid colon to create the vaginal lining. The procedure is usually performed as laparoscopic surgery.
A section of the sigmoid colon, approximately 3”-4” in length, is harvested through an incision placed on the low abdomen. This colon graft will become the lining of the vagina. The rest of the colon is then reconnected using sutures to restore its function. Orchiectomy, penectomy, labiaplasty, and clitoroplasty are also performed as required.
The total surgery time is approximately 7 hours.
Before the Surgery
- All anti-androgen and hormone injections must be completely stopped 4 weeks before surgery.
- Oral tablets and other forms of treatment such as skin gels and patches should be stopped 2 weeks before surgery to prevent the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- You should stop smoking 4-6 weeks prior to surgery and commit to not smoking for at least one month post-surgery.
- Aspirin (e.g. Advil), Ibuprofen or Vitamin E supplements should not be consumed for 2 weeks before surgery.
- A liquid-only diet must be consumed on the last day before surgery. You will also be required to take a laxative.
- Take a shower on the morning of the surgery, since you will not be able to do so for 5 days post-operation.
- Plan to stay in Thailand for at least 7-10 days after the operation.
- Post-operative recovery at the hospital usually takes 6 days.
- After discharge, we recommend staying at a hotel near the hospital for at least 2 weeks before flying back to your home country.
- It is normal to experience some pain after surgery, but this can be controlled with medication and antibiotics. The pain will gradually subside after 2-3 days.
- You will require a urinal catheter which will stay in place for at least 5 days.
- You may experience some pain, swelling, and irritation from the catheter, but this should gradually subside after 2-3 days.
- You should start walking around as soon as possible to stimulate bowel movement.
- If you experience any difficulty urinating after being discharged from the hospital, you should return to the hospital or contact your surgeon as soon as possible.
- You’ll be given a diet plan to follow after surgery as well as instructions to prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- After discharge from the hospital, you’ll be given home care instructions for cleaning and taking care of the wound which must be followed carefully.
- You’ll be shown how to perform vaginal dilation. You must strictly follow the dilation instructions given to you.
- Continue to take all medications prescribed by your surgeon.
- Vaginal intercourse should be avoided for at least 4 weeks.
- In general, hormone treatment can be resumed after 3-4 weeks or when the surgical wound is completely healed.