Nipple Reduction in Thailand
Interplast Clinic provides nipple reduction surgery in Bangkok by expert plastic surgeons.
NIPPLE REDUCTION IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
Just like breasts, nipples and the areolas surrounding them can vary in shape and size. Whilst not typically a health concern, oversized nipples can make you feel self-conscious or embarrassed. Nipples that are too long may cause unsightly protruding under clothing or create irritation by constantly rubbing against clothes.
Nipple reduction surgery aims to reduce the size and length of oversized nipples and make them look more natural. This is a relatively straightforward procedure that delivers gratifying results whilst fully preserving sensation in the nipples. Patient satisfaction following the procedure is very high.
Nipple reduction may be performed as a stand-alone procedure or combined with other surgeries, such as breast reduction or augmentation.
The surgery is an outpatient procedure and can be performed using local anesthesia, which means you will be awake during the operation.
The surgeon will start by removing the protruding tip of the nipple. This is done through a circular incision at the bottom where the ‘new’ nipple will be, and another circular incision at the base of the present nipple. The extra skin between these two incisions is removed and the tip is stitched to the bottom of the nipple.
If the nipple is too wide or thick, a pie-shaped wedge will be removed from underneath the nipple. This allows the nipple to be “taken in” and the circumference reduced. The incisions will be closed using dissolvable sutures.
The whole operation takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour to perform, and you will usually be able to return home on the same day.
Before & After
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- Prepare a loose-fitting bra to wear after surgery.
- You don’t need to fast prior to surgery.
- Nipple reduction is not recommended if you plan on breastfeeding after surgery as this may affect the results.
- The results will be visible immediately after surgery.
- You should be able to return to work and your normal activities within a day or two.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 2 weeks.