Upper eyelid blepharoplasty (also known as an eye lift) has been growing in popularity in recent years. The procedure involves removing excess skin from the eyelids to make the eyes look younger.
Upper Blepharoplasty IN BANGKOK, THAILAND
The most common upper eyelid complaint relates to heavy or drooping upper eyelids. These can make you look older than your age or even interfere with your eyesight.
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty, also known as upper eyelid surgery or eye lift, is a very common surgical procedure performed to remove excess skin, fat or muscle from the upper eyelids for a more youthful appearance.
Typical candidates are men and women in good general health whose vision or aesthetic appearance is impacted by heavy, dropping or puffy eyelids. The procedure can be performed on its own or combined with a brow lift for additional correction.
To be considered a suitable candidate for this type of surgery, you should be in good general health and have realistic expectations.
Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery
An incision is made in upper eyelid, hidden within the natural crease lines that run above the eyelashes. Depending on the patient’s anatomy, the incisions might extend into the crow’s feet or laughter lines at the outer corners of the eyes.
Working through the preoperative markings, the surgeon will separate the skin from the subcutaneous layers and remove excess fat and trim any sagging muscle and skin for a smoother, rejuvenated appearance. The incisions will then be closed with very fine sutures.
Upper Blepharoplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure, which means you can normally go home later the same day. The whole operation takes approximately one hour, and visible scarring will be minimal.
Before & After
Before the Surgery
- Read the pre-surgery instructions They will help prevent complications and improve outcomes for your surgery.
- You may want to bring sunglasses to protect your eyes after surgery.
- Plan to take 5 days off work and your normal activities.
- Wear glasses instead of contact lenses on the day of the surgery.
- Remove any jewellery and metallic objects (watches etc.) before entering the operating room.
- If you are waiting for cataract surgery, consult an ophthalmologist before the surgery.
- Take all the medications prescribed by the doctor.
- You can shower after the surgery but ensure that the eyes are kept dry for the first 3 days.
- 3-7 days after surgery, you can begin washing your eyes gently with water and soap.
- Rest with your head in an elevated position. This will help minimise swelling and bruising.
- Sutures are removed 7-10 days after surgery.
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke for 2 weeks after the surgery.
10,000฿/ 1 side
Forehead Lift or Brow Lift
Remark : $6,429 Australia Surgery Location: Sydney & Gold Coast (Breast Surgery Only)
Ask the Experts
Submit this form to get a free consultation from our experts.